Web Tools for ELD Instruction
A FREE “backchannel” tool that can be used in class with computers, tablets, or any other internet connected device. The backchannel is the secondary electronic conversation happening around a presentation. Use it to promote student conversation and empowerment.
More than a chat room:
- create small focus groups that monitor reading and report on character traits, symbolism, etc.
- video feedback, allows for multiple viewings, pose, pause, reflect
- student presentations – correction, modeling, and praise
- Video conferences/guest speakers – report on the presentation, multiple classes?
2. Google Forms
A FREE Google tool that you can use to create . . .
assessments, surveys, vocabulary challenges, emotion graphs, reflection activities, comprehension checks, and gather longitudinal data.
Example form: Click HERE
- 80+ Google Forms for the classroom
- Templates from Kern Kelley
- Create a choose your own adventure form
- Innovative uses of Google Forms
- Flubaroo – automatically score quizzes
A perfect match with Google forms.
- data analysis
- determine emphasis of or speeches
A FREE simple and beautiful way to create and share a story.
Cross curricular uses.
A FREE fun and creative way to tell a very short story using some Google magic.
Students can create a story in a matter of minutes that summarizes their learning in an engaging and animated way.
Challenge them to . . .
- demonstrate relationships
- explain metaphors and similes
- introduce a historical figure
- use new vocabulary
6. Class Dojo